Our main production nurseries of some 8ha grows over 500,000 plants per annum
from small plugs to large specimen plants in 80L pots and are split into
two main units.
Hardy Nursery Stock The Nursery Stock Container Unit production includes:-
Trees, Roses, Shrubs, Climbing Plants, Herbaceous, Conifers, Erica's, Grasses, Ferns & Bamboo.
Glasshouse Crops The Glass cropping is mainly for in season local sales it includes:-
Box & Pot Bedding, 9cm & 1L Basket Plants Cyclamen, Poinsettia and Primrose.
Mission / Policy Statement
To be recognised by all our customers as the best all round supplier of container plants under the following headings
Be more convenient and easier to access, and have ways of doing business that our customers prefer
Keep the production and marketing costs to a competitive level
Our products and services will be better than those of our competitors
We will maintain and improve quality, excellence and new product lines / varieties which keeps us ahead of our competitors
To let our growth be limited only by our profits potential and ability to develop and produce innovative products that satisfies real customer needs
Our Key Values
Saxon Plants values are a set of deeply held beliefs that govern and guide our behavior in meeting our objectives and dealing with each other, our customers, staff and suppliers.
We focus on achieving sustainable long-term profit growth to secure the future of the company and its employees.
We focus on the needs of all our customers.
- Environment and Safety
We care about the environment and the welfare of our staff and visitors. Our ongoing environmental policy takes a holistic approach to plant production and sales.
- Performance and Development
We will create a learning environment in which staff is highly skilled, well motivated and therefore successful in achieving their goals.
- Team Work
We achieve our common objectives through effective team work
Meet the Staff
- Garry Winwood (M.D.) oversees the Stone Cross Nurseries Group Retail and Nursery production, sales and staff.
- Mandy Winwood (Company Secretary and Purchase Accounts)
- Martyn Relf (General Manager) day to day control of all of Saxon Plants and its Staff.
- Ian Gibb (Sales and Marketing) manages the sales and dispatch for Saxon Plants.
- Graham Mercer (Van sales) main van sales person able to give advise and take orders.
- Carol Noble (Invoicing and Sales Accounts)
- Sharon Fleming (Liner Production) runs the propagation and liners at Saxons.